Yay for helping the bees!
Our weather can sometimes hinder the growth of the seeds though, so for the very best results follow these few steps:
1. soak the seedbombs beforehand
2. Chose where you want them to grow, ensuring it is safe and clear and weed free
3. press lightly onto the soil (don't bury them!)
4. Keep them weed free while they establish themselves
5. Keep them watered in dry weather
6. And enjoy!
Each seedbomb box will cover approximately 4 square feet and contains a mix of annuals and perennials. We particurlary love how the perennials don't die at the end of the season and self-seed and then germinate on their own year after year.
These irish made seedbombs will help bring the bees back and inspire a sustainable food system for the future.
What's it made of?
Made from clay, compost and seeds. Each box contains 3-5 bombs and will cover approximately 4 square feet. With a mix of annuals and perennials you can expect this coverage to increase with years to come. The assortment of seeds that may include a mix of:
Red and white Campion
Devils Bit Scabious
Deep blue Spring Gentian
St Johns Wort